Meditation and mindfulness can help with the pain and stress that accompanies living with rheumatoid arthritis.
Here’s are some tips to try and incorporate into your daily routine. It can be easier said than done, but with patience and persistence you will find yourself getting into the habit more easily.
- Ignore your devices. Don’t check your phone right when you wake up.
- Hydrate your body with water or warm lemon water.
- Stretch and take deep breaths. Take a few minutes to wake up your body.
- Take a few moments to sit in gratitude and be thankful.
- Enjoy your breakfast without distractions and prioritize your day with the most important tasks to be done first.
For additional information on what meditation and mindfulness is and how to start check out, “Meditation: Benefits for People with Arthritis” by the Arthritis Foundation.