Vegan and Gluten-Free Soothing Winter Cauliflower Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower florets
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion
- 1 leek white part
- ½ fennel
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste Additional spices are optional
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- A pinch of various herbs; thyme, rosemary, oregano, marjoram, savory, basil, sage, lavender or any herbs to your liking. *May omit onion and use leek only. Broth of choice can be added in. May use other milk and oil of choice.
Thoroughly wash all ingredients. Chop celery, onion, leek, fennel and place in a pot with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Let simmer couple minutes. Add in the florets, stirring until well combined.
Add 1-quart water and boil over medium heat for about ½ hour. Season to taste and add ½ cup milk of choice. Blend for a couple minutes until creamy consistency. Sprinkle the herb blend after transferring to a bowl. Sour cream non-diary or diary and any additional garnish may be added on top.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Flatbread
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs optional
- 1 lax egg or 1 egg is preferred *To make the flat bread using flax egg simply add: 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
Mix flours, baking powder and salt. Place in a bowl and make a well in center. Whisk flax egg and add to flour mixture. Add baking soda mixed with lemon juice. Add oil and slowly incorporate all together adding warm water as needed to make soft pliable dough. Let rest a few minutes and place in flat pan topped with lightly grease parchment. Place another piece of paper over and roll to desired shape.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven until golden brown or until bottom of flatbread taps hollow. Have the flatbread alone or dip it in the soup.
Enjoy any time for lunch or dinner!