Carolyn’s Journey with doTERRA Essential Oils
Prior to starting my journey with essential oils, I didn’t know anyone who was using these alternative supplements to help with muscle and joint discomforts or sleep difficulties. In 2016, I met a doTERRA Wellness Advocate in my city that helped me get started on customizing essential oils for my specific needs.
Discuss with your physician
As with any new supplements, I discussed this matter with my physician prior to using them. My physician explained that as long as it didn’t counteract with my prescribed medications, I could use them. Not only am I a personal user of doTERRA essential oils, I also help anyone interested in trying these essential oils and products in my capacity as a Wellness Advocate. I educate and provide the appropriate tools and resources to help an individual who is ready to incorporate these essential oils in his or her life.
There are various ways to use doTERRA essential oils and they are safe for topical application, aromatically diffused, and taken internally by adding to beverage, food, or in a veggie capsule. I can’t speak for other essential oil brands out there since there are many in the market these days. What I can say is that I fully trust doTERRA essentials oils due to its safety, high quality, and efficacy.
I have a daily routine that I practice from morning, afternoon, and night with the oils to help alleviate muscle and joint discomfort, boost my immune system, to help me stay grounded and focused, to aid in relaxation and sleep at night, and nutritional supplement that I add to my smoothies for overall wellness.
For me, I’ve made a decision to decrease the amount of toxins that I put in my body and in my home environment. As I age, it has become more important than ever now to be health conscientious. This is why doTERRA essential oils and nutritional supplements are an integral part of my daily life and I don’t know what I would do without them!
Tested and researched
What I love about doTERRA essential oils and products is that they are developed and tested by scientists who work in the company’s laboratory. As a Wellness Advocate, I participate in the educational webinars provided to me by the company and continue learning by doing my personal research through publications written by experts in the area of aromatherapy and essential oils.
When I was at the 2017 doTERRA Global Convention last September, I learned so much from the physicians and medical experts who presented information about how they discuss the topic of essential oils with their patients along with their suggestions on usage.
For safe storage of essential oils in the home, it’s best to store them in a dark and cool area away from direct sunlight. The sun may potentially destroy the chemistry of essential oils over time. When traveling, it’s safe to carry the roller bottles in your purse or tote bag, especially when flying.
Here are several roller bottle blends for muscle and joint discomfort that I suggest. I use them myself and have found them to be effective in helping with discomfort.
- Joint Discomfort Blend: In a 10 mL glass roller bottle, add the following essential oils, 4 drops Juniper Berry, 3 drops Marjoram, 3 drops Roman Chamomile, 3 drops Ginger, and 3 drops Siberian Fir. Then top the rest of the bottle with doTERRA’s Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply on affected areas and use as needed at the onset of joint discomfort.
- Muscle Discomfort Be Gone Roll-On: This blend was developed by Dr. Eric Zielinski. I took an Essential Oil Revolution training webinar from him in 2016. In a 10 mL glass roller bottle, add the following essential oils, 4 drops Copaiba, 3 drops Marjoram, 3 drops Basil, and 2 drops Frankincense. Then top the rest of the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil or Jojoba oil. Shake well before using so that the oils will combine. These 2 carrier oils absorb quickly and work well. Apply over problem areas up to 2x daily at the onset of muscle tension.
- Head & Neck Tension Blend: In a 5 mL glass roller bottle, combine the following oils and fill the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil, 7 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Lavender, 5 drops Frankincense. Apply to the temples and the back of the neck as needed every 30 minutes.
- Seasonal Threat Blend: It’s spring and with the blossoms and pollen in the air, most of us may be experiencing seasonal threats. This blend was developed by Dr. Zielinski. In a 10 mL glass roller bottle, add the following essential oils, 3 drops Peppermint, 2 drops lavender, and 2 drops Lemon or Eucalyptus. Then fill the rest of the bottle with carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil and shake well before use. Roll-on and rub on the back of the neck and on the chest 2 times daily or as needed.
- Sleep Tight Roller Blend: In a 10 mL glass roller bottle, add these essential oils, – 3 drops Vetiver, 5 drops Cedarwood, and 5 drops Lavender. Fill the rest of the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply to the bottoms of feet or the back of neck. (See picture for example)
Disclaimer: These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Consult a medical professional before starting or trying out a new health routine, method, diet and/or supplements.